Friday, November 5, 2010

A Breath of Fresh Air!

Now don't get me wrong. I LOVE being home with my babies. I really, really do. But a girl's got to get out of the house every once and a while to do something other than nurse, change diapers, get spit up on and sweep up Cheez-It crumbles. : ) So the other day I was feeling super overwhelmed/isolated/crazytown and I had a little mini-breakdown all over poor Jason who was minding his business and trying to help out with the laundry.

He had the nerve to put a load on that happened to contain my only pair of jeans that I can wear right now. At the time, I was infuriated, but in retrospect, I realize that it's not his fault my pants don't fit, and I should really never ever begrudge any person who wants to do some laundry! Well, once I calmed down and realized I was being insane, we talked about it and decided that I need to get out of the house more!

Enter the Celebrate shoots! I've been doing them for years, and they're one of my favorite sanity-savers, but I had turned them over to Jason once my pregnancy with Shiloh started to get complicated, and I had never gotten around to taking them back. Well now I have!

I went out for a couple of hours yesterday to photograph some amazing young artists for the magazine, and again today to photograph a knitting store that is going to be featured in the December issue. It wasn't much, but it was so nice just to get out for a minute! I think I will have to do this more often!

Here is one from yesterday:




And here is one from today:





There are soooo many more, especially from the young artists shoot! I really can't wait to show all those off! More shoots to follow. Because a sane mommy is a happy mommy, and a happy mommy means happy kiddos! And around here, we like happy! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?