Friday, November 20, 2009

Clarification...

I was just reading over my last blog post about the logo, and I am afraid that my frustration with myself/my pride/logo design in general may have come off as frustration with the Freshair Salon. Quite the opposite! I think their logo looks great, and seeing it all over their booth (especially on the big signs, it looks awesome big) only made me realize how great a chandelier logo really looks! I was not at all trying to imply that I was annoyed or frustrated with them, or anything negative like that. Only that it is extremely difficult to try to come up with anything original these days because all of the really great ideas seem to already be taken! : )

I actually went to their salon for a while when they very first started out, back when they were in their old location. It was lovely, even then, and I continued to go there until my stylist moved. Somehow I ended up at Pink Papaya after that, where I have remained due to the amazing skills of Brandon and the delicious smoothies that greet me on each visit. Also, while I'm at it, a shout out to Metropolis/Lew's Barbershop, where Julee and Roger take great care of Jason's Patrick Dempsey-esque locks each month. You guys all rock!





So, anyway, let me reiterate that I do not have any negative feelings toward Freshair Salon. I think they're fabulous, and that whoever designed there logo is clearly a genius because it looks great! Sorry for my pouty-sounding post earlier. Logo designing is for the birds! (Or at least perhaps for trained graphic design professionals... Something to ponder!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?