Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Cyber Monday!

First off, let me say that I really think the name "Cyber Monday," is stupid. Granted, it's not quite as morbid as "Black Friday," but it's still not the kind of fun, cute name that I feel should accompany a shopping holiday. Who came up with these names? Clearly men. And men who must not even like to shop, at that. No self respecting fashionista, or newly minted "frugalista" for that matter, would give happy days involving shopping, sales and holiday music such boring/dark names.

That said, I really love to shop. Especially when there are deep discounts involved! So even if I do think that those are silly names, I will still gladly participate in the madness! : )

I realize that it is technically Tuesday, and not "Cyber Monday" anymore, but I just discovered that one of my very favorite kids' shopping sites is still offering a 40% discount on all items, plus special "Treasure Tuesday" (now that's more like it!) items hidden in each department with even deeper discounts!





It's called Naartjie Kids, and I have it bookmarked on my toolbar as "cool cheap clothes," which I think is very apt! With the 40% discount, nice boys' dressy shirts like this one are only running around $11.99:





They also have a bunch of beautiful little girls' shirts and sweaters, like this sweater, which I just think is gorgeous, that is marked down to just $26.96:





Their baby stuff is also just precious. Additionally, they have a lot of cute coordinating items if you (like me) are a sucker for baby sisters and big sisters matching! For example, I just ordered these matching pajamas to be their "Christmas pajamas" (more on that later) for just $11.99 each:





All of the items on the site are Naartjie's original designs, and they base each season's collection on a set of harmonious themes and colors. This makes it easy to coordinate your kids with each other, and also makes the items a breeze to mix and match so you get more mileage out of each piece! Here is a screen shot from their current theme page (this is the winter page, not the holiday page):





I also snagged a pretty good deal on some kids' snow pants and holiday dresses at Gap, but I just checked, and they aren't running any current online promotions right now. But aren't these dresses for the girls adorable!





They also have some really cute stuff in their new Stella McCartney line...





Well, I suppose I should get back to Photoshop now! If I can get enough done this afternoon, I may get started on a blog post about our Thanksgiving break. We had so much fun! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?