Anyway, after a wonderful day of productiveness and working out, we met Kris and Kara and the various assorted Robinsons at my very favorite restaurant, Pad Thai in Springdale. Although it looks a little bit like it might be a hole from the outside (being located in the lovely Sunrise Inn and all, it has the most delicious Pad Thai with extra shrimp ever! We had a great time, even with the 6 children ages 7 and under who were playing a rousing game of Hide and Seek under our feet! Thank goodness there was not really anyone else there! Ha!
After dinner, I went home and found that Jamie and Joe had baked me a surprise birthday cake! Jamie even managed to track down my very favorite icing in the whole world, RAINBOW CHIP! I didn't even know they made it any more! I told her she could have just skipped the whole cake-baking thing, and just put a candle in the frosting can, and that would have made me just as happy! Anyway, Joe Joe even hand-lettered a special birthday card for me, signed by both of them and my 4 pet nieces and nephews. Even Jamie's cat Lizzie "signed" it, and she hates me! : )
Here are a few random photos from the night... Somehow despite there being 4 photographers in attendance at Pad Thai, none of us remembered a camera! We snapped a couple with my iPhone, though.
I loved all my cards and gifts (even the evil gift certificate to Coldstone Creamery that Kara got me!), but mostly I loved getting to see and hear from all of my lovely friends on my birthday. You guys are wonderful! Thanks so much!







sounds like you had a great birthday! yay!
ReplyDelete