So far Norah's relationship with her GrandJo (Jason's mom) has been a little rocky. It seems like Norah is not a huge fan of anyone that isn't me, and for some reason, she seems to quite randomly select the other few people she will tolerate, and GrandJo is not one of them. Since she was about 4 months old, any time GrandJo gets anywhere near her, Norah just has a fit. I know that everything you read says that 4 months is too young to have this reaction, but apparently no one bothered to fill Norah in about that!
I wish we had filmed it and put it on YouTube when it was at its peak. The closer GrandJo got, the more irritated Norah would look, and then if she tried to hold her, Norah would scream until she turned purple and started holding her breath! It is very strange, because GrandJo is so sweet with her, and we can't for the life of us figure out why she reacts this way.
In any event, in an effort to get Norah to warm up to her, we have started having Wednesdays with GrandJo! Every Wednesday, Joanna comes over and plays with her here in hopes of Norah deciding that she is not so bad after all. I think it is starting to work! Last time, she let Joanna hold her while she did "Ride a Little Horsey" and "Peek-A-Boo" with her, and this time, she let Joanna hold her down on the floor and even smiled a time or two! We'll take progress where we can get it. Joanna lives just a few blocks away, and I would do just about anything to get myself such a handy babysitter! ; ) Seriously, though, I hope she outgrows this soon. She's going to love her GrandJo so much, and we would rather this start sooner than later. Cross your fingers!
Here are a few pictures from our last Wednesday visit.







"Who is this woman, anyway?I think I am scared." Don't blame you, Norah, I would cry, too. Ha
ReplyDeleteGrandjo ------ everyone chip in for a neck lift,ok?