Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Thankful.

Following in the footsteps of assorted friends and family members on Facebook this week, I have decided to take this month as an opportunity to be extra thankful for all the blessings in my life! I would like to say that I will be making a blog post every day with something that I am thankful for, but since one of the things on that list is my frantically busy schedule (better busy than bored!), that is highly highly unlikely to happen. So I'll just be thankful in random spurts instead! : )

Today on Facebook, I said I was thankful for decongestant, fuzzy baby hair and peaceful fall afternoons. I would like to add to that list a few other things that brightened my day today:

1. Sisters who send over yummy surprise homemade pumpkin pie.
2. My Boppy (which is the only reason I am able to be typing this right now as I nurse the baby!)
3. Questions about the meaning of life from inquisitive 6-year-olds
4. The RAW editor in Photoshop
5. Little girls who refuse to believe that caterpillars are dead, preferring instead to imagine that they are just getting ready to spin their cocoon. (Poor caterpillar!)
6. Mini tupperware containers
7. Diet Mt. Dew
8. Brothers-in-law who come over to help assemble furniture at all hours of the day and night.
9. Brides who choose us to photograph their weddings, and husbands who work REALLY hard to make sure those brides stay happy!
10. My comfy, cozy pillowtop bed that I am about to fall into, and the squishy down comforter I get to sleep under every night.

It feels a little goofy to make lists like these, but it really is nice to stop every now and then and appreciate how lucky we all are and how much we have to be thankful for. Now good night! : )

2 comments:

  1. It's not goofy and those are some good things to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete

What say you?