Here is the logo that I made *FROM SCRATCH, people, to shop out as a possible idea for the soon-to-be-launched, all-new (ha) hudsonphotos.com.

Well, I was feeling pretty happy with myself. We had designed it this way because photography is all about beauty and great light, and so are chandeliers. I wanted something that nobody else had (again, ha!), so I started from scratch and built the chandelier myself in Photoshop around a custom H that I had created. The reviews were mixed in our survey (thanks for your honesty, everyone!), but I was still feeling pretty dang proud of myself. Then on Saturday, we ended up dropping by the NWA Boutique Show at the Springdale Holiday Inn and Convention Center. I was blissfully wandering around, appreciating everyone's amazing (if occasionally overpriced) creative endeavors, when WHAM. Just like that, this burst my bubble:

Their chandelier logo was plastered all over their booth on giant signs. I should have taken a picture, but you can use your imagination. *sigh
I guess there really isn't anything new under the sun. So now I'm back to the drawing board. Suggestions welcome! Thanks everybody! : )







I know this sounds crazy, but I'm thinking it should have an H in it! ;)
ReplyDeleteSorry! Great minds must think a like! :) I think you could still use it!
ReplyDeleteOwner of Freshair Salon
I love the Freshair logo...I'm a client there and I know that they've had that logo for some time now. You can't blame them for picking something that is very trendy right now. I'm sure they thank you for the free advertisement!
ReplyDeleteI love the Freshair logo! I am going to make a little blog post clarifying my comments here in just a sec...
ReplyDelete