I spent the day working on the "Laundry" item on my spring cleaning list. For this one, I am trying to get everyone's closets completely cleaned out, all stains removed and all holes and tears mended. I made a lot of progress this afternoon! Afterwards, we went outside to enjoy the beautiful afternoon. I haven't gotten around to working on the bird feeders yet, but I did get the wind chimes hung up. I am trying to make our yard a peaceful, pleasant place to relax, and I love the sound of wind chimes. I can also hear them from the kitchen if I have the windows open, which I usually do!
I also hung up the spring wreath that I found at Pier 1. I love that place!
Bear and Norah played outside, but poor Autumn was stuck in her room reading after getting busted playing hooky today! She did a great job of acting very pathetic all day long, and then got dressed and claimed a magical recovery at precisely 3 p.m. Then she made the mistake of confessing to Bear that she hadn't ever really felt sick to begin with, she just didn't want to go to school. He ratted her out, and now she's stuck in her room "recovering." I received a very nasty letter about it, but she has since accepted her fate and resigned herself to a quiet afternoon with just her and Ramona Quimby, Age 8!
Here are a few shots of Bear and Norah from this afternoon:
Now it's back down to the kitchen to finish up dinner. I've been smelling the "Flamenco Chicken" cooking all day, and I just can't stand not to eat it any longer! Here's the recipe, in case you're interested.
Flamenco Chicken - Kori Hudson
Take a whole chicken, rinse it and stick it in the crock pot. Then quarter a yellow onion and place it in the cavity. Then I pour a medium-sized jar of salsa over it and let it cook on low for 10 hours or high for 5-6 hours.
At the end of the day, the chicken will be so juicy and delicious and flavorful, you won't believe it! It's usually so tender, it's falling off the bone. Serve the meat over spanish rice or use it to make fajitas... Yum! Enjoy!







Norah Claire looks so big!
ReplyDeleteI know! It seems like she changes all the time!
ReplyDelete