
I have been a big fan of Sara Groves ever since Jason and I went to a concert of hers in Joplin 4 years ago (that's when the above picture was taken). Her voice is beautiful and her songs are so uplifting! I just realized today that I have had most of the songs from her "Add to the Beauty" album rotating through my daily playlists for a really, really long time now! This seems a little silly since she has so many other songs I could be enjoying as well, especially since she just came out with a new album in November of 2009! I'm planning to check it out soon.
In the meantime, I thought I would share one of my favorite songs of hers. It's called "Just Showed Up for My Own Life," and I listen to it almost daily. Every time I hear it, I get a renewed spring in my step and a good reminder to really be living my life each day, not just existing! Click on the picture and then on the second song down to check it out!

Really pay attention to the words when you listen... One of my favorite verses is this one:
I'm going to live my life inspired
Look for the holy in the commonplace
Open the windows and feel all that's honest and real until I'm truly amazed
I'm going to feel all my emotions
I'm going to look you in the eyes
I'm going to listen and hear until it's finally clear and it changes our lives
Some of my other favorites from her "Add to the Beauty" album are "It's Going to Be Alright," "Add to the Beauty," and "Why It Matters." They're all pretty great though! Check her out! : )







No comments:
Post a Comment
What say you?