Yesterday, Barrett came and sat by Norah and me on the couch. He said, "Mommy, do you know who I'm going to marry when I grow up?" Amused in advance at what I could tell was going to be a funny conversation, I said, "No, who." He grinned and replied, "Baby. Norah." I proceeded to tell him that he could not, in fact, marry baby Norah. He asked why, and I told him that she was his sister, and that it was against the law to marry anyone in your family, adding that he would have to pick someone who was not in our family to marry. He was sorely disappointed.
"Why! Then I won't even know her name!" he replied. I laughed and said, "Well, you don't know her name now, but when you're a grownup, you'll meet her, and then be friends with her, and then you'll fall in love, and then you'll get married." He thought about this for a second. Intrigued, he then responded, "And THEN she'll tell me her name?" "Yes!" I laughed. Satisfied, he said, "Good."
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







That's hysterical!!!! I love that child!
ReplyDelete