Tuesday, May 25, 2010

And in the 25th week, I swallowed a bowling ball.

...Or so it appears!





I feel like I am literally getting bigger by the minute, and apparently I must look it too! At the wedding this past Saturday as I was taking some detail shots, a 30-something woman came up to me with a big smile on her face and said, "Oh, look at you! When are you due?" I placed a hand lovingly on my baby bump, smiled back and replied, "September 8."

Her grin turned into a look of disbelief as she cocked her head sideways and responded, "Really? And you're already that big? That's AMAZING!" She took a sip of her drink and continued her meandering, leaving me with a puzzled look on my face, unsure of exactly what had just happened. I mean, what am I supposed to say to that!!!!

I keep telling myself that I am 6 months pregnant with my 4th child, and I am allowed to be nice and big and round... Right?

Later on I got a small ego boost when a girl in the bathroom told me at least 4 times how "absolutely beautiful!" I was. Granted, she was completely drunk and trying in vain to wash out the massive red wine stain on her dress from where she'd spilled her drink all over herself, but hey. I'll take the compliments where I can get them! : )

1 comment:

  1. Kori - I think you look wonderful!! I wish I looked like that a 6 months preggo - at 4 1/2 months I just fat ;-) Congrats on baby #4! I'm so excited for you and Jason!

    ReplyDelete

What say you?