Monday, March 17, 2014
Blessing
Right now I'm just feeling awful because it dawned on me that I never had someone come in to bless Riley. I was in such a daze once we had to let him go, I could barely even register where I was. I held him for a long time afterwards and stroked his hair and studied his face and hands and feet and kissed his cheeks, and then they told me the coroner was there and it was time to put him down. We walked out, and I never saw him again. They led us to the chapel, then told us it was time to go meet the coroner and detectives at the house (standard procedure for any death at home, but it was still awful), and then they sent him to Little Rock for the autopsy and then to the funeral home. The chaplain was right there in the room with us. How could I have not asked him to pray over Riley? What kind of mother forgets something so basic, something that has no opportunity to be fixed? I just feel like I want to throw up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment
What say you?