Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Nursery Bedding... Finally!

Okay, including today, I have 13 days left of this bedrest business. I think that's totally do-able! Tomorrow my dear friend Jennifer is coming to visit, which will make that day practically not even count, and after that, I think I am just going to do my best to come up with projects that can be accomplished from right here on the couch. So far I have been ridiculously un-productive, with the notable exception of the fact that I did manage to order crib bedding today!

I kept finding sets that I loved, but they were all in the $600-700 price range, which is just INSANE to me, especially given our new-found commitment to family frugality. So after looking longingly at the more expensive sets for several days, I stumbled across a website that offered a set with the same simple all-white look I was going for, but without the outrageous pricetag! It's from a company called Carousel Baby Bedding that lets you design your own custom bedding sets, but claims to ship them out within just a few days... I guess we'll see about that part, but I'm hopeful! And it was only $170 (including shipping) for the dust ruffle, the crib bumper and the sheet. I can't wait to see it all together in Shiloh's little nursery nook!

Here is a picture of the set I ordered from the company's website:





The crib is white and is set up in a little alcove in our room in front of a window (which will eventually have white sheers hanging over it!). There is a screen separating the nursery area from our sleeping area, and as soon as we get it moved in there, he will have a dresser with a changing pad on top of it as well. This same Midsummer Pendant Light by Tord Boontje that hung over Norahs' crib will hang over Shiloh's crib as well:



I will post pictures of all of it as soon as we get it all put together!

In the meantime, I am going to go enjoy one of my allowed times off the couch eating the dinner that Jason has graciously prepared! Granted, the dining room table is only about 10 feet away from the couch, but it's better than nothing! : ) Have a good night everybody!

1 comment:

  1. i love it!! thank you so much for sharing the link! super cute bedding & i love the prices:)!
    btw i am jessica andersons sister in law...jessica.

    ReplyDelete

What say you?