My doctor will even be on call on Tuesday (the big 34 weeks day!), and he came by today to let me know that if I remain undelivered then, that they plan to try augmenting my labor with a low dose of pitocin to see if things will get moving. If that doesn't work, or if he doesn't tolerate labor well, then they will go ahead and just get him out because at that point the risk/benefit balance changes.
Mostly I just don't really care how he gets out, I just wish that I could magically fast-forward to some time in the future when he is out and healthy. This waiting and worrying is a little hard. Especially the worrying.
Thankfully, I have lots of distractions to keep my mind occupied or I'm pretty sure I would be driving my nurses even more insane than I already am! I am on book 5 of the Redemption Series I had mentioned earlier, and my friend Kara and her husband Kris brought over a lock-box with 500 or so alphabetized movies in it.
Also, I got to see my sweet Norah and Bear this afternoon. Bear brought in some type of science project thing that involved a volcano that erupts and turns into a dinosaur.
Now that it is done erupting and has been left to sit on the counter in my hospital room, it mostly just looks like the world's most terrifying urine specimine. Yuck!

I also got to cuddle with my sweet girl while she took a little nap with me.

Tonight my mom and sis are bringing over some board games to help us pass the evening. Scattergories and Balderdash are two of my favorites. I can't wait!







I'm so proud of you and your fantastic attitude during this waiting phase. I spent 8 days in the hospital on strict bed-rest and a salt-free diet waiting for your dad and his sister. This was a military hospital so at least I had plenty of company (which may or may not have been a good thing!) No matter what, the waiting sucks! There, I said it. Love you lots, Grandma
ReplyDelete