Thursday, August 19, 2010

First Day of School!

I remember this time last year how quiet it seemed here in the house once Autumn was off to 2nd grade and Bear was off to his very first day of kindergarten. I came in after walking them to school, sat on the couch in the relative silence and cried because my little baby boy was a big school kid! Today, for the first time in the history of me having kids that have a first day of school, there were no tears, and when I got home, there was certainly no silence! This time, I walked in the door to an almost-2-year-old Norah who was running back and forth top speed through the living room shouting something unintelligible and an almost-1-month-old Shiloh who had woken up to discover that he was not eating yet and was terribly upset about it! This did not leave me with much time to wax melancholy! : )

But before all of the chaos after dropping the kids off, there was all the beautiful chaos before! Showers, breakfasts and making sure Autumn had all 3,000 of her silly bands on before we could get out the door.




Then, because I am apparently "that mom," we had to stop every few seconds to pose for a photo until we actually got to the doors!









Bear was still quite happy to have me there, but it looks like Autumn is getting to the age where she is starting to feel a little more grown up! I had to practically drag her back to me just to tell her to have a good day, and she was not the least bit interested in having me walk up to her classroom! I guess it's good that I am raising a confident, independent child, but a goodbye or a glance back would have been nice! *sigh

They grow up too fast! Seriously!





Bear still thinks I'm cool though! And he also thinks baby Shiloh is pretty awesome. He had Jason print him out a few pictures of his new little brother to take on the first day, and he was very proud to show them off first thing!





I can't believe Bear is in first grade! He is really excited about the teacher he got, and he was also excited to discover that his assigned seat was right next to his friend Jalen's. I predict this will not last. : )







Well, I guess I had better get off the computer for now... Norah just got busted on the couch with an entire roll of Bubble Tape pulled out next to her and was happily chewing on one end of it! I think it's a sign.

We are now off to the park for a nice walk and some play time with just the little ones! Happy First Day of School everyone! : )

1 comment:

What say you?