
Our friend Kris sent over this interview and song from Plumb that he thought we would enjoy as parents. To tell you the truth, I've heard the song about a million times, and I've always liked it, but I've never really paid enough attention to the lyrics that I could have told you what it was about. Hearing her talk about the song made me appreciate it on a whole new level! The recorded version of the actual song is much smoother and nicer to listen to, but the explanation of the song's background on the video make it worth watching. Click the picture below to check it out!

You can hear the recorded version of the song by clicking here.
And here are the lyrics:
your baby blues
so full of wonder
your curley cues
your contageous smile
and as i watch
you start to grow up
all I can do is hold you tight
knowing clouds will rage and
storms will race in
but you will be safe in my arms
rains will pour down
waves will crash all around
but you will be safe in my arms
story books are full of fairy tales
of kings and queens and the bluest skies
My heart is torn just in knowing
you'll someday see the truth from lies
when the clouds will rage and
storms will race in
but you will be safe in my arms
rains will pour down
waves will crash all around
but you will be safe in my arms
Castles, they might crumble
dreams may not come true
but you are never all alone
'cause I will always
always love you
when the clouds will rage and
storms will race in
but you will be safe in my arms
rains will pour down
waves will crash all around
but you will be safe in my arms
in my arms
................................................................................................................................................
I think these lyrics are especially nice, because not only does it tug at my mommy heartstrings to think of my kids being safe at this moment in my arms (Because sweet Shiloh is literally in my arms as I type this), but also it's nice to picture even us grownups being safe in God's arms, even as the storms race in and the waves crash all around. I'm glad Kris sent over that interview for us to check out. What a great way to start the week!







No comments:
Post a Comment
What say you?