Sunday, August 8, 2010

Project: Windows

There is a huge picture window in our new living room that I absolutely love. We haven't gotten around to buying curtains for it yet, but I'm thinking now might be the time!

I say this because last night I went outside to put something in the garbage and on my way back in, I realized just how well you can see IN to the picture window when it is dark out... WOW. I hope the neighbors don't mind breastfeeding, because apparently they've been seeing a lot of it!

So now for window treatments. I wish Fabric Gallery was open right now, because I am thinking that unlike my ill-fated attempt at do-it-yourself crib bedding and flower girl dresses, I might actually make the curtains for the living room. There are so many more choices for materials and prints that way, plus it is a lot cheaper! And I'm pretty sure that the same super-easy technique I used to make our studio backdrops will lend itself equally well to living room curtains.

I just better do it pretty quickly before the neighbors notice our view!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?